Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Guitar Story...





















Okay,well this post is basically going to be my guitar story,and of how God had clearly helped me to learn this Awesome Instrument...And also of how (MUA) a guy that never had any music background or didn't even know any musical instrument being able to play this Awesome Musical Instrument...But to be honest,now,being able to serve God with playing the guitar,was a DREAM that i could Day Dream about in the past,but now is a reality that has came true~!

Okay,it all started in during my end years of Form 2...That was the time i came back from ESP 2007...By that time,i came back with so much fire and passion to serve God...I remembered,admiring all the Musicians in ESP or in church of how blessed they are to be able to serve God on stage with their unique gift with Music...I remembered i used to Day Dream of the day when i will be like them...

I didn't know why,but of all the Musical Instrument,the Guitar caught my eye the most...Maybe it was God's Will? Hmmph...Anyways,i remembered i used to pray to God everyday to allow me to be able to play the guitar,and i mean Literally everyday kneeling down and praying...

And well,i turn to some of my Friends to teach me,but they didn't really had the Heart to teach me,so i kept praying...And my hope came from YMI 2008...To be honest,i was hoping and praying that the person send to be JB was a guitarist and that maybe somehow he/she would be able to teach me the guitar,well someone like Ryan...

But in the end,Ryan wasn't sent but two guys who were,Daniel Eh and Ping Keat...At first i was downstruck but it was God's will...Okay Long Story Short,both Daniel Eh(My Guitar Shi Fu) with the help of Ping Keat taught me the guitar,and i actually learnt it~! But i was still a complete Newbie and Noob at that time lah,don't expect me to be pro by then...

And well,they went back,and as time progress,there was so many many many many times that i really wanted to give up on the Guitar...And i remembered for days on end i wouldn't even touch the Guitar... But i have to thank Ezri and Ezra for encouraging and helping me to go on too~!...Although 90% of the time,they gave me negative comments(SARCASM)...But,i guess it was their own Unique way of helping me because it really pushed me to Prove to them i'm not as lousy as you say i am...So in a way,Thanks Guy~!

And so, i remembered leading one song of worship,which was Here I Am To Worship, and Ezra asked me to start playing the guitar in church,(Long story Short) I learn alot from Worship Practice...I really thank Ezra,Ezri and Justin for helping me and bearing through all the Guitar Newbie/Noobie/Noob question asked during worship practice...Thanks Jas T for giving me all your encouragement and support too~!Thanks Peoplez~!

And i continued playing,and improved bit by bit and until where i am now...I'm a full fletch guitarist in church~!(But i'm not Pro okay,i'm still learning every single day) My dream,had finally been fulfill~! I am able to serve God by playing the Guitar in church and even the Bass Guitar~! What only seemed as a Dream in the past had been fulfill~! I knew i couldn't have done it by myself but through all the way,i knew God's hand was right there pushing me to fulfill what i want to accomplish...Praise God~!

But to be honest,sometimes i find myself playing the Guitar/Bass not for God but for Men...The feeling is like,you are so used to playing the Guitar/Bass and some what becomes a Routine or Duty and you know the regular worshipers by face...But when some new people come in,or friends from other places etc come in,you feel fired up with passion to play,or suddenly feel like playing with purpose...Besides that,treating worship practices as Routines or Duties to be done,rather then a Privellage to Serve God,not taking it seriously but lightly,playing a fool...Loosing the Reverance for God...Without realising that Serving Him on Stage,bringing people into a trance of worshiping God is such a great honour and privellage...Taken over by selfless desires like,Oh what time will it end? I have a TV show later,or i am hungry,or Gosh i'm just so tired or i have something else better to do,Aiya its just worship practice,no Biggy,Esatra,Esatra....

Many times i just feel so ashame of myself,of taking for granted the Gift that God has bless me with and ended up misusing it...The Gift that i've pray countless hours for...I don't know whether other Worship Band Members face the same thing...But as for me,its a struggle now i face...I hope i will be able to rekindle the passion and fire to serve God as that of my earlier days and always have that Reverance to serve HIM Passionately and Focus on Jesus alone...I really do hope so....

Okay,i hope this post didn't made you Gantok,Pengsan or Fall Asleep...Thanks for reading,and God Bless~!

No comments:

Post a Comment